mandag den 30. januar 2012

Let's go!! Top 10 lists

If I were to post all my opinions about music on facebook, all my friends would delete me. Nevertheless, I still have these opinions, so I figured "fuck it.. Why not join the masses and create a blog". No fancy stuff but definitely a bunch of stuff you couldn't care less about.

I've been going to punk rock shows since '77 – now wait! that's a lie, but I've been going to punk rock shows since before i hit puberty, and it's still how I spend most of my money and energy.

So by now you'll be thinking "okay, we get it! It's a blog about punk rock music"! But this is where you're wrong. My theme is "music in general".
Now let's get going – 1-2-3-4!!

So we started a fresh year, and what better way to start over than to dwell in the past year, and sum it up in Top 10 lists.
Top 10 lists
Top 10 albums of  '11

1. Swingin' Utters – Here, Under Protest (April 26th '11 Fat Wreck Chords)
    Songs I'd recommend: Every single one!!

2. Dead To Me – Moscow Penny Ante (October 25th '11 Fat Wreck Chords)
    Songs I'd recommend: "Undertow", "Never Relief", "The Monarch Hotel"

3. The Streets – Computers and Blues (February 7th '11 Warner)
    Songs I'd recommend: "Soldiers", "Trying to Kill M.E", "Without Thinking"

4. Foo Fighters – Wasting Light (April 12'th '11 RCA)
    Songs I'd recommend: "A Matter of Time", "Walk", "These Days" "Back & Forth"

5. Fucked Up – David Comes to Life (June 6'th '11 Matador Records)
    Songs I'd recommend: "Queen of Hearts", "Serve Me Right", "the Other Shoe"

6. Cobra Skulls - Agitations (September 27th '11 Fat Wreck Chords)
    Songs I'd recommend: "Six Degrees" "the Mess" "Hiding"

7. Peawees- Leave It behind (October 31'st '11 Wild Honey Records)
    Songs I'd recommend: "Memories Are Gone", "The Place", "Food For My Soul"

8. Lucinda Williams – Blessed (3/1'11 Lost Highway Records)
    Songs i'd recommend: "Copenhagen", "Awakening", "Ugly Truth"

9. Chixdiggit – Safeways Here We Come (February 15'th '11 Fat Wreck Chords)
   (By the way, i'm totally aware that this is actually an EP, but it's a 12".. So Shoot me)
   Songs I'd recommend: "Miso Ramen", "Since You Got a Dog", "I Hate Basketball"

10.Vaccines – What Did You Expect from the Vaccines? (March 14'th '11 Sony/Columbia Records)
     Songs I'd recommend: "Wreckin' Bar", "Norgaard" "If You Wanna"


Top 10 live shows

1. Justin Townes Earle
    Roskilde Festival (dk), July 3rd
  
2. Dead To Me
    Loppen (dk), May 7th

3. Foo Fighters
   Refshaleøen (dk), June 21st

4. Swingin' Utters
    SO36 (de), September 16th

5. Fucked Up
    Loppen (dk), November 2nd

6. Flatliners
    SO36 (de), September 16th

7. NOFX
    Malmøfestival (se), August 22nd

8. 20Belows
    KB18 (dk), September 2nd 
 
9. Peawees
    Beta (dk), November 25th

10. Teenage Bottlerocket
      C-Halle (de), April 24th



Top 5 disappointments of  '11:
  
1.The Queers canceling their Europe tour - Oh! By the way, not by informing promoters and so on by mail - but by posting this on their facebook!!

2. Having to work during Groezrock, therefor missing an amazing line-up

3. Nashville Pussy/their agent cancelled a Punk-and-Billy Bash show, with some lame excuse about      one of them   going on a vacation instead. This came after a ton of cancellations, so we (Billy Bash crew) decided to shut down the 10 year old club (at least for a while).

4. Social Distortion album Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes.. seriously?!

5.Frank Turner album England Keep My Bones. I've always had complicated relationship to this whole "our new style is more mature" deal. Very few bands pull this off, Frank Didn't.


Top 10 expectations of  '12:
  
1. One Man Army releasing new material, for the first time since the AK3 split in '04. I gotta say, this is probably my fave band. I really hope for a Europe tour as well.

2. Tom Petty touring Europe. It's been 20 years, so grab your tickets fast people.

3. Justin Townes Earle releasing a new album. He played a couple of the new songs, when I saw him  in November, and i tell ya folks... This might be his best album to date.

4. 20Belows releasing a new album. This is some catchy shit! Oh- this album will be out on this really cool vinyl-only label called Screaming Records. Check 'em out here:  http://www.screamingrecords.dk/

5.Copyrights are swingin' by Europe. This'll be my first time seeing them, and rumour has it, that they usually play pure hits live.

6. Accelerators realeasing a new album aswell. I don't know too much about this album yet, but based on all of their previous material and the few youtube clips i've seen, this is bound to be great.

7. Dead to Me are doing a Europe Tour. YES!!

8. The Heat tape are doing a Europe Tour. Panther Booking is trying to set up like a garage show or something i Copenhagen. This would just be the perfect way to experience this band.

9.Feist is playing Europe aswell, this should be quite fun.

10.Groezrock 2012! I'm not super keen on the line-up so far, but there are a few bands i'm really psyched to see. (7seconds, Kevin Seconds, Chuck Ragan, Hot Water Music, Bouncing Souls, Cobra Skulls etc.) 
 
 
I have real high expectations for 2012. It seems like a lot of cool bands are doing tours these days, and so many amazing bands are doing new albums.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar